Monday 24 December 2012

Short Story Their Ignorance...


Their Ignorance... 

That was a Saturday evening, Raghav reaches home after an outing with his friends. As soon as he enters, Mom started her usual bickering about how much he wastes money and always roaming around with friends. He cajoled his mom by giving, a smooch in her cheeks. His usual way of stopping his moms' complains. This technique has always worked well for him. Mom hands him over the black coffee by throwing along her usual affectionate smile. He enters his room with coffee in one hand and turns on the music on the laptop. There rings his phone, who was it? it was Ramya as soon as he saw  her name his face lights up. Who is Ramya? Is she his girlfriend? NO!! then his crush? NO NO!! She is his best friend. You may be wondering why would his face light up for a best friend? Only god knows the answer for it. Because Raghav is one of those weird guys who doesn’t have a clue about what he is doing. He attends the call;

Raghav: Hiiiiii Ramyaaaaaaa !!! (with such an excited voice)
Ramya: Hey Raghav, how are you? (wow that sweet voice, to which he can never get bored of)
Raghav: I am good how are you? Been a one whole week you busy bee!!!
Ramya: I know, I am sorry Raghav. You know I had exams this that couldn’t attend you calls but I did message you. But you didn’t reply back
Raghav: well uhm…you know I am not good at messaging. I love talking but not messaging.
Ramya: ha ha I know so how was your day?

The conversation continues for another 15 minutes. Please don’t ask what they were talking about, just the usual unnecessary stuff every guy and a girl would talk over phone for no apparent reason.

Raghav: did you see this new movie “Matraan”.
Ramya: oh yes I did it was such an awesome movie. I LOVED IT to the core you know.
Raghav: me too loved it so much.
Ramya : who was your favourite? For me its Akilan such a funny character. He reminds me of Vinoth
Raghav: Vinoth? Seriously again him!!!

Ramya: why Raghav whats wrong in talking about Vinoth?
Raghav: nothing, just change the topic yaar
Ramya: no  no  tell me whats wrong in that?
Raghav: well well well, how to tell you hmmm….ahan you saw the movie Maatran right. Do you remember the scene where Akilan, Vimalan and Kajal plays a lie game.
Ramya: yeah yeah I do remember. But what does it has to do with Vinoth now?
Raghav: if I say in that manner the lie game manner,
“I feel irritated hearing to your voice, I don’t like to see your face at all, and I am not at all jealous when you talk about VINOTH”

Ramya: Raghav what is this why do you get jealous when I talk about Vinoth.
Raghav: Because he is your ex. there has already been a guy in your life who is very dear and special to you. That fact annoys me, irritates me, makes me jealous.
Ramya: what are you kidding; when I talk about my EX you get annoyed. Haven’t you spoken about your past EX(s)? For me it’s just Vinoth only. But you have many EX girlfriends. I don’t get jealous or annoyed when you talk about them.
Raghav: yes because I don’t always talk about my EX, unlike you who always 24/7 talking about your EX Vinoth.
Ramya: you’re such a selfish hypocrite Raghav….
Raghav: shut up Ramya!! You always talk a lot about Vinoth. As if you don’t have a life without Vinoth

Ramya: that is true Raghav. He is the only EX for me. For God’s sake it was a whole two year relationship. Of course he is going to be there in every part of my past.
Raghav: JUST two years right. Didn’t you have a life before you got committed to him? Cannot you talk about that? Whatever I say for most of the things. You have a story to narrate about. I like the way you describe things. But each and everything you had to include VINOTH in that. Which annoys me so much it just irrrrrrritatess mee…

The argument continues for another 2 minutes and the conversation ended with both of them saying don’t call me ever. I won’t talk to you our friendship ends here. Just one small one phone can make this much hassle? Possibly you all can understand this, each and every one of you reading this might have undergone similar situation at some point of time in their life.

Raghav gets his diary out and starts jotting down in that same rage after the phone call.

Dear diary,
What did I do now? I did the correct thing right. She always talks about that idiot VINOTH and annoys me. I told her not to talk about him. She doesn’t want to listen and picked up a fight. when she says don’t call me here after, how can I say “please don’t say that Ramya how can I be without talking to you”. I have my own pride too, I need to guard it. Why cannot she understand I cannt she understand me. I miss her now. Why does she have to be so dumb?

Ramya thinks to herself, all men are the same. I talk about Vinoth because this idiot Raghav always talks about some random girl one of his EXs from past. When he tlaks about some girl, how can I just nod my head and listen to it. That’s why I talk about Vinoth deliberately. Why cannot he understand that? Or maybe I overdo it? I am so confused. Her phone rings now.

Ramya: Hello…
Raghav: Hi (a long pause)
Ramya: yeah
Raghav: can we meet now? I need to tell you something
Ramya: Now? But why
Raghav: Just come please the usual Anna Nagar coffee shop
Ramya: hmmmm see you in 45 minutes.
Raghav: yeah sure will be waiting for you

Ramaya is so confused now. Why does he want to meet now? To fight more, argument more and blame me further? He is gone crazy for sure. She reaches the coffee shop there he is waiting for her.

Raghav: Hi (with a big smile on his face)
Ramya: Hi (why is he smiling now, we are fighting did he forget even that)
Raghav: I don’t want you to be my girlfriend Ramya
Ramya: what the hell. When did I tell you I want to be your girlfriend?
Raghav: I don’t want you to be my lover.
Ramya: huh ? what are you blaberring?
Raghav: I just want you to be with me forever, just grow old with me. Will you?
Ramya: Raghav (She is shocked, surprised to hear such a thing from him)
Raghav: yes Ramya I love you. Be with me forever. Don’t ask me from when I started loving you. But one thing is for sure. Form this very moment I will love you forever, for eternity more and more each day.
Ramya: but..eermm hmm…I need…I time… (She couldn’t control that surprised big smile on her face)
Raghav: I know Ramya you too love me just accept it (Ramya accepts it with her cute smile)

Raghav was ignorant of his own feeling for Ramya. So does she. They both laughed at each other’s ignorance. From that day onwards they both where the best couple, yes they did start their journey to grow old with each other. Raghav and Ramya where one among those lucky couples, best friends turned into lovers....

4 comments:

  1. Yes friendship -> love is always the best. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah friendship leading to love...is the best feeling ever...!!! :) <3

      Delete
  2. "Love" is ignorant of "Friendship"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @CT: true, without friendship...the love dies off sooner...

      Delete